Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Google Big Query: Exception by IDbCommand interface

I published a report I created to sharepoint for my team to see, but the visuals won't load. I'm not sure why its saying access denied, when I was able to create the report. I've attached the exact error message below:

DataSource.Error: [ccon]ODBC: ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][BigQuery] (100) Error interacting with REST API: Access Denied: Project xxxxxx: User does not have bigquery.jobs.create permission in project xxxxx.. DataSourceKind = GoogleBigQuery. DataSourcePath = GoogleBigQuery. OdbcErrors = #table({"SQLState", "NativeError", "Message"}, {}). [/ccon]. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

Activity ID: 53cb2d36-a9fa-4c39-8b58-ab719a504ee1
Request ID: eb16a159-21dc-4b60-ade0-d53bf1519671
Correlation ID: 7f8b75d7-3d74-0122-0e45-3d80840ff89a
Time: Wed Sep 21 2022 09:23:03 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
Service version: 13.0.19087.42
Client version: 2209.2.13372-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-north-europe-d-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

3 REPLIES 3
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

For reference: "Access Denied" error

When you try to connect to Google BigQuery from Power BI Desktop, you might get the following error message:

Datasource.Error: ODBC: ERROR [HY000][Microsoft][BigQuery] (100) Error interacting with REST API: Access Denied: Project <project name>: The user <user name> bigquery.jobs.create permissions in project <project name>.

In this case, you might need to enter a Billing Project ID in the Billing Project advanced option in the Power Query Connection settings.

In addition, if you also create a report in Power BI service using a gateway, you might still get this error. In this case, you must manually include the Billing Project ID in the M code for the connection using the Power Query editor or the Power Query formula bar. For example:

Source = GoogleBigQuery.Database([BillingProject="Include-Billing-Project-Id-Here"])

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, I did have the billing project included in the M code and I am still receiving the same error. While I am able to view the report in the desktop app, I am unable to view the report when I publish into the workspace. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Following up on this topic, not sure why Im getting a permission error when trying to view the report via Microsofot workspace, and not when I view it on the desktop version.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.