Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gbottazzi

Fetch all data from dataset in Custom Visual

Hi,

I'm developing a custom visual and I need to load all records (rows and columns) that are in my dataSet.

My dataSet has 100.000 records and now the max numer of record in options.dataViews[0].table.rows is 30.000.

I would load the data with a sequence of requests with shifting start-point: i.e. from 0 to 500, 501 to 1000 and so on...

A similar behaviour is now present in Table Visual: when the user scroll down, next dataset is loaded.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

Giacomo

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@gbottazzi,

As slicers can narrow the portion of the dataset shown in the other visualizations on the page, I wonder if it is possible to use a slicer to get around the limitation.
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

slicer.ts is a good example but there is a problem: some object used in that example (like IVisualHostServices) are not exposed in the module created by pbiviz ( powerbi.extensibility.visual).

If I define my custom visual in the same module of slicer.ts than it not compile (i.e. it doesn't know IVisual).

There is a way to use that object from my module?

Thanks

Giacomo

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.