Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

matthewspare

Export to SQL on a Schedule

I have a SQL Server that feeds PowerBI. PowerBI also gets data from SalesForce. I would like to load the SalesForce data to SQL on a schedule, say every 15 minutes, from PowerBI. Is this possible? All of the solutions I've seen integrating SQL and Salesforce seem complicated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SpartaBI
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @matthewspare,

You can export data from a Power BI dataset, by running DAX queries programmatically, using two methods:
1. The Execute Queries API
2. The AMO-TOM Assemblies
The second option requires Power BI Premium, which I assume you use since you mentioned a 15 minutes interval.

You can also consider the option to use Power BI dataflows (which can connect to salesforce) with a custom ADLS Gen2
This option will create CSV files with the exported salesforce data in an Azure storage account which you'll be able to connect to using standard methods.

2022-05-09 22_36_04-Power BI Workspace Datasets License Permissions - Microsoft Power BI Community.png

Showcase Report – Contoso By SpartaBI

SpartaBI_3-1652115470761.png  SpartaBI_1-1652115142093.png   SpartaBI_2-1652115154505.png

Full-Logo11.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SpartaBI
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @matthewspare,

You can export data from a Power BI dataset, by running DAX queries programmatically, using two methods:
1. The Execute Queries API
2. The AMO-TOM Assemblies
The second option requires Power BI Premium, which I assume you use since you mentioned a 15 minutes interval.

You can also consider the option to use Power BI dataflows (which can connect to salesforce) with a custom ADLS Gen2
This option will create CSV files with the exported salesforce data in an Azure storage account which you'll be able to connect to using standard methods.

2022-05-09 22_36_04-Power BI Workspace Datasets License Permissions - Microsoft Power BI Community.png

Showcase Report – Contoso By SpartaBI

SpartaBI_3-1652115470761.png  SpartaBI_1-1652115142093.png   SpartaBI_2-1652115154505.png

Full-Logo11.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.