Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Harpreet

Encountering 403 Error While Exporting Power BI Report to PDF using Power BI Rest API

Dear Microsoft Power BI Community,

I hope this message finds everyone well. I am reaching out to seek assistance with a persistent issue I have encountered while attempting to export a Power BI Report to PDF using the Power BI Rest API.

API Endpoint: https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/reports/{reportId}/ExportTo

Error Description:
Every time I make a request to the specified API endpoint for exporting the Power BI Report to PDF format, I receive a 403 Forbidden error. Despite ensuring that I am providing the correct {reportId} parameter and including all required headers and authentication details, this error persists, preventing successful export.

I have thoroughly reviewed the API documentation and followed the guidelines, but I am unable to resolve this issue on my own.

If any community members have encountered a similar 403 error while using the ExportTo API or have insights into how to troubleshoot and resolve this particular situation, I would be immensely grateful for your assistance. Any guidance, tips, or steps to overcome this challenge would be highly appreciated.

Thank you all for your time and support in helping me resolve this matter.

Best regards, 
Harpreet gill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Unfortunately this API is a premium feature, so it requires a dedicated capacity 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Harpreet

Hi 

While making a request to the API, I am receiving the subsequent error response:

{
  "error": {
    "code": "InvalidRequest",
    "message": "Report requested for export is not on dedicated capacity"
  }
}

Indeed the documentation of the API mentions that the report and dataset must reside in a workspace which is on a dedicated capacity.

Is this the case for your report?

Yes, It's on same workspace

Is that workspace on a dedicated capacity (not Premium Per User)?

Currently, we do not possess any premium subscriptions.

Prior to acquiring a premium subscription, I would like to assess its value and suitability for my needs.

Unfortunately this API is a premium feature, so it requires a dedicated capacity 

Okay

Thank you for this information.

AmosHersch
Employee
Employee

Hi @Harpreet  did you check the response message to see if it contains any useful information regarding your failure? Sometimes the response body has such info.

If it doesn't help please provide the request ID from the error response and we will try to assist

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.