Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rohan-25
Frequent Visitor

Embedded paginated report

I am trying to embedded paginated report inside Bi report
for that i am using REST API and service principle account to get all required data like embedded url, embedded token
 getting all data but when redering in fronend or in sandbox it's throwing error(image attached)

image (23).pngScreenshot from 2023-02-27 07-04-02.png

8 REPLIES 8
AmosHersch
Employee
Employee

So do you have a Power BI report with a paginated report visual inside it?

How did you generate the embed token for the report? Such errors usually mean that something is wrong with the embed token.

Yes, In the first image(sample application) I have Power BI report with a paginated report visual inside
and in second image(sandbox) i have paginated report
and to generate embedded token i am following generating an embed token for a Power BI report with a paginated visual 

Seems that you are following the right sample.

Since the error seems to refer to the connection to the data source, the next thing I would check in the data sources used by the paginated report. For example if it uses a Power BI dataset as a data source you might need to add that dataset to the request. If it has other SSO-enabled data sources you might need to provide a token (identity blob) for them.

Yes, i am using Power BI dataset as a data source you can check sample code for request in the image below image (24).png
It's for specific workspace 

Just wondering, it the dataset for the Power BI report and the dataset (data source) for the paginated report the same? If not I would expect to see 2 datasets in the list. Also if the dataset is a proxy to other dataset, both should appear.

The Service Principal must have access of course to all relevant datasets (member in the workspace).

Besides that I don't see any obvious reason for the error you got.

Yes, the dataset for the Power BI report and the dataset (data source) for the paginated report is same
The Service Principal is member in the workspace, can you please tell me that where i can check for other access?

No other access to check that I'm aware of.

Last things I would check is that XMLA is enabled in the tenant settings (admin portal), and in the capacity level.

If so, then I would suggest creating a support ticket

XMLA is also enabled (image attached)

image (26).pngimage (25).png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.