Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Ashley_23
Frequent Visitor

Date Range

Hello,

I'm currently expericing a challange with a business requirement:

The business wants a count of records based on the ARM Next Rate Adj Date and for this to be a 13 month date range based on the minimum ARM Next Rate Adj Date.

(For example the minimum ARM Next Rate Adj Date is 08-2024 so the date range should go to 09-2025.)

The next part is that for every month of the date range there should be a loan count, even if the count is zero. I'm struggling to get a date range that shows every date even if the loan count is blank, currently is only showing loans that have values. 

There is currently only one join to the Date table which is the ProdAsOfDate in the Fact table to the Date in the Date table. 

Ashley_23_3-1672864131638.png

Ashley_23_4-1672864289000.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ashley_23 ,

In order to get a better understanding on your requirement and give you a suitable solution, could you please provide the following required info?

1. Which table the field [ARM Next Rate Adj Date] is from? Is it from the table 'Consolidated Loan'?

2. Do you want to get the loan count from the minimum ARM Next Rate Adj Date to next 13 months? For the below period, that is from 08-2024 to 09-2025?

(For example the minimum ARM Next Rate Adj Date is 08-2024 so the date range should go to 09-2025.)

3. How did you set the below visual? The fields settings are? If it involved any measure? Could you please provide more raw data in your tables (exclude sensitive data) with Text format and your expected result with backend logic and special examples?

yingyinr_0-1672901156040.png

It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yiruan-msft,

I am not able to upload the pbix file because I am not a SuperUser and I am blocked at work from saving to GoogleDrive and Dropbox.
Is there any other way to upload? 

Hi @Ashley_23 ,

You can copy and paste the data of the the tables with Text format in your post directly. Or you can refer the following links to share the required info:

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.