Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

davisbizhq
Frequent Visitor

Cann't get set bookmark on load to work

I’m wondering if you have tried the new apply bookmark on load functionality described here. It seems like I’m doing everything right, but it isn’t clear to me what I have missed. I have a support ticket open. I upgraded powerbi.js to v2.5.1, and my attempt looks like this:

var config = {
type: ‘report’,
tokenType: models.TokenType.Embed,
accessToken: accessToken,
bookmark: {
name: ‘English’
},
embedUrl: embedUrl,
id: embedReportId,
settings: {
filterPaneEnabled: false,
navContentPaneEnabled: navContentState
},
permissions: models.Permissions.Read,
viewMode: models.ViewMode.View
};

Besides setting the bookmark property in the config variable, is there another step needed so that the bookmark is set upon load?

3 REPLIES 3
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Do you get any response back from the support ticket?

Regards,

Michael

I got a couple of emails from the front-lines support engineer with links to basic material on bookmark configuration, etc.  Nothing pertinent to the functionality of setting a bookmark upon report load.  Nor to the issue of what I might be doing wrong if, after editing the embedding config according to the instructions, it doesn't work.

I was able to get this working by using the actual cryptic bookmark name (e.g., Bookmark241ced39794c3f29ad5b) instead of the display name (e.g., 'Spanish').  So the working config looks like this:

var config = {
type: 'report',
tokenType: models.TokenType.Embed,
accessToken: accessToken,
bookmark: {
name: 'Bookmark241ced39794c3f29ad5b'
},
embedUrl: embedUrl,
id: embedReportId,
settings: {
filterPaneEnabled: false,
navContentPaneEnabled: navContentState
},
permissions: models.Permissions.Read,
viewMode: models.ViewMode.View
};

To find out the bookmark name, I had to look at the layout file inside the PBIX archive.  Does anyone know of an easier way to find out the bookmark name?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.