Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CoreyLearnsBI
Frequent Visitor

Can I create a single visualization with a double y axis without it grouping my dataset?

I have 2 Excel spreadsheets.

The 1st spreadsheet contains the compliance rate for burgers ate, but isn't just a simple compliance / eligibility formula, so that's why it's in a separate sheet.

The 2nd contains over 100k records and is used to show member-level detail. The member detail shows who purchased a burger (eligibile) and who ate it (compliant).

The problem I'm having is that I cannot plot these 2 datasets on my double y axis visual without 1 dataset being grouped together, whether it be the eligibility/compliance metrics summed by all 4 types of burgers for each restaurant or the 4 compliance rates summed to 1 total rate by each restaurant.

I'm trying to see the "percent of burgers ate" on the first y axis and then the "number of burgers that were not eaten" (a value of 0 for compliant) on the other y axis.

First Spreadsheet:

Burger TypePercent of Burgers AteRestaurantState
Cheeseburger0.9176McDonald'sCA
Hamburger0.9274McDonald'sCA
BLT0.8578McDonald'sCA
Chicken Sandwich0.8594McDonald'sCA
Cheeseburger0.8726Burger KingMA
Hamburger0.8417Burger KingMA
BLT0.8633Burger KingMA
Chicken Sandwich0.8573Burger KingMA
Cheeseburger0.8760Wendy'sMA
Hamburger0.7638Wendy'sMA
BLT0.7901Wendy'sMA
Chicken Sandwich0.9621Wendy'sMA
Cheeseburger0.9201Rally'sNY
Hamburger0.9593Rally'sNY
BLT0.8338Rally'sNY
Chicken Sandwich0.9664Rally'sNY

Second Spreadsheet:

Burger TypeEligibleCompliantRestaurantState
Cheeseburger11McDonald'sCA
Cheeseburger11McDonald'sCA
Cheeseburger10McDonald'sCA
Hamburger11McDonald'sCA
Hamburger11McDonald'sCA
Hamburger10McDonald'sCA
Hamburger11McDonald'sCA
BLT10McDonald'sCA
BLT11McDonald'sCA
BLT11McDonald'sCA
Chicken Sandwich10McDonald'sCA
Chicken Sandwich11McDonald'sCA
Cheeseburger11Burger KingMA
Cheeseburger10Burger KingMA
Cheeseburger10Burger KingMA
Hamburger10Burger KingMA
BLT11Burger KingMA
BLT11Burger KingMA
Chicken Sandwich10Burger KingMA
Chicken Sandwich11Burger KingMA
Cheeseburger11Wendy'sMA
Cheeseburger11Wendy'sMA
Hamburger10Wendy'sMA
Hamburger11Wendy'sMA
Hamburger11Wendy'sMA
BLT11Wendy'sMA
Chicken Sandwich11Wendy'sMA
Cheeseburger10Rally'sNY
Cheeseburger11Rally'sNY
Hamburger10Rally'sNY
Hamburger11Rally'sNY
BLT11Rally'sNY
BLT10Rally'sNY
Chicken Sandwich11Rally'sNY
Chicken Sandwich10Rally'sNY
Chicken Sandwich11Rally'sNY

CoreyLearnsBI_1-1671637744248.png

I don't want either of the values plotted to be grouped by Percent of Burgers Ate (for all 4 types of burgers) or the number of burgers that were not eaten (for all 4 restaurants). You can see in the image above the 24 represents a sum of non compliant people across all 4 restaurants.

Expected Outcome:

CoreyLearnsBI_0-1671802982745.png

6 REPLIES 6
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Can you provide the expected outcome based on the sample data you posted? There may not be enough screen real estate.

Sure. I just added it to my post. Basically one axis with those compliance percentages and then a second axis with those who are not compliant without the compliance percentages or non compliance metrics grouping to one number based on the values on the x axis.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CoreyLearnsBI,

Perhaps you can try to extract the axis field as a unconnected table as use it as axis of the chart, then you can write measure formulas to look up and calculated values based on current axis values from different tables.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Measure formulas within Excel or Power BI? And would this eliminate my grouping issue?

Why is gouping a bad thing in this case?  What is the story you are planning to tell?

Grouping is bad because I'm dealing with medical providers and trying to show how many non-compliant members there are for each particular "type of burger" instead of it all grouping to 24 on the y axis.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors