Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

sdhn
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Breakdown lookup

Hi All,

I am using Power Bi Desktop to develop Dashboard reports.

I am importing csv file from our database to power bi. 

We have 5 sections under one main group A. Each sections made up by multiple teams.  Al teams are made up by multiple categories.

We have multiple “Teams”  and "Categories" in the CSV files under  columns called “Service” & "Category" respectively. 

Lets assume name of the Section is "ThankYou".   --  Multiple teams under each section.

All teams are listed under column called "Service".  --  Multiple categories under one team. 

All Categories are listed under column called "Category". 

I want to have  separate dashboard for each section.  Pease note: Section name is not the part of a CSV file. 

Help will be appreciated.  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sdhn,

Did you have a user table that mapping the usernames and groups?

If that is the case, you can try setting the RLS to filter group based on the current username.(use the current username to lookup group)

Then you can apply the filter based on the current group value and use the relationship to affect other table records.

RLS with UserName() 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sdhn,

Did you have a user table that mapping the usernames and groups?

If that is the case, you can try setting the RLS to filter group based on the current username.(use the current username to lookup group)

Then you can apply the filter based on the current group value and use the relationship to affect other table records.

RLS with UserName() 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.