Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Jyothishree
Helper I
Helper I

Breakdown graph on Positive and Negative in axis for Text data

Hi, The requirement is to get a  chart (as attached) as below where the Brand Name is on X-axis and top axis must show 'positive' and if the value is 'Negative' then count must be shown on Negative axis for the data (as attached) . I created a column with a DAX saying if the value is "Positive" then 1 else -1 and then used it on chart and placed 'BrandName' and 'Review' on X axis and created custom column (with 1 and -1) on Y axis but here each Brand is shown up twice in x axis for Positive and Negative separately instead of being one single bar on positive axis and Negative axis.

Jyothishree_0-1720222062940.pngJyothishree_1-1720222116831.png

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

Do not include sensitive information or anything not related to the issue or question.

If you are unsure how to upload data please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Want faster answers? https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Hi @lbendlin Thank you for your reply.

I have added a Table here. I have tried to sketch out the expected output. All the 'Negative' review must show up on Negative axis and 'Positive' Review on Positive axis. X-axis represents the Brand Name( If Brand Name 'A' has both positive and Negative review, Brand name must not repeat on x-axis, just the positive Review count must be on Positive Yaxis and Negative on 'Negative' Yaxis.)

Jyothishree_0-1720435066966.png

Brand NameReview
APositive
BNegative
CPositive
DNegative
EPositive
ANegative
BNegative
CPositive
DNegative
ENegative
APositive
BNegative

lbendlin_0-1720466813652.png

see attached

Hi @lbendlin  Thank you very much for your time. As mentioned in the question, I have used this column of values with 1 and -1 and implemented on chart but is there any way to get the Datalabels on Negative axis to show up positive numbers? example '3' instead of '-3'

Thank you.

not unless you use custom visuals.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.