Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Access Error while running Python Script

Hi there, 

I was trying to connect python scripts with power BI but unfortuntly I got the below error. I have done all pre requiseite from installing python to upgading the libaries (pandas and matplotlib). 

Approciatre your support 

Capture.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
BurgerGenocide
Regular Visitor

I'm still having the same issue 😞 are there no solution for this problem?

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

It seems like a permission issue, did these code works if you execute them out of power bi desktop? Any special processing steps or functions you invoked in these python scripts? (e.g. access to a specific path and edit its contents, download resource and execute them...)

In addition, what account are you test on this device? Have you tried to test with the admin account?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
nandukrishnavs
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

From the Data Source Settings dialog, select the data source(s) and then select Edit Permissions... and ensure that the Privacy Level is set to Public.

python-in-query-editor-10

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate with a kudos
🙂

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

Anonymous
Not applicable

I made it public for global and current file permission. however, the error still appearing. 

Capture.PNG

@Anonymous Move that file into desktop and try the steps again.

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

Anonymous
Not applicable

did this but unforturntly didnt work. 

@Anonymous 

Are you able to access the file using other Power BI connector? Also, are you able to access the file using python script (not via Power BI)?

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.