Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

hbrinck

webservice multiple calls after "add as new query"

We're calling a status-api (webservice) that containes som main data and 4 different "sub-lists"

To access each of the lists we right-clicked on the "List"-link in the Query Editor and selected "Add as New Query", this allowed us to create new "PBI-tables" for each sub-list in the web-response.

This means that we get all data using only one call to the service.

But, when we do "Refresh" (manual) PBI is actually calling our service 5 times, instead of only calling it once.

Any ideas on what's going on?

2 REPLIES 2
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @hbrinck,

Per my understanding about your description, there're 4 sub-lists and you have created 4 new queries for all of these sub-lists. Right? 

If I misunderstand your requirement, please feel free to correct me.

And if all these 4 new queries are returning different results. Then Power BI will call the service 5 times, as there are 5 queries. Main query and 4 new queries.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

The status-api is returning the same result (since all calls are within 0.1 seconds)

I expected the sublist to be dependant on the main "source" since they are parts on the same query.

If PBI cant detect this on it's own, how can i create my datasets to only call 1 and re-use the response into several datasets?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.