Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

elois33
Helper I
Helper I

show greater values with a numeric slicer

Capture d’écran 2023-01-05 155628.png

Hello, 

I have 2 questions for my itineraries dashbord available here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NA8t4UOxLVZQil9HmEYT0GJRKBXuzl6-/view?usp=sharing

1)

I have a matrix table and a numeric slicer and I am trying to show greater values from the value selected on the slicer. 

I created the following mesure: 

mesure = VAR MINValue= MIN('Lvalue'[Value]) VAR MAXValue= MAX('Lvalue'[Value]) VAR CurrentValue= 'Table'[measureL] RETURN IF(CurrentValue >= MINValue && CurrentValue<=MAXValue, 1,0)

And then I added a filter on the visual saying to show mesure=1

Unfortunately, it doesn't work 100% on the original report. Do you know another way to make it work? 

2) How can I edit the colors on the map in a way that when there aren't available lots for weight and lenght values the lines or dots are in red or another color ?

Thank you in advance for your time and help 🙂 

3 REPLIES 3
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @elois33 

I checked your sample file. It seems the measure is working. And I created a similar measure for weight. Both filter the matrix visual. Where did you think it is not working?

vjingzhang_0-1672991655733.png

For the second question, you can set up conditional formatting for icons . Select Format style by Field value. You need to create a measure to compare the available lots with the targets or needs, which returns different colors for each scenario. And use this measure in "What field should we base this on?" box. For example, 

Color measure =
IF (
    SUM ( 'Table'[available amount] ) < SUM ( 'Table'[target amount] ),
    "Red",
    "Blue"
)

vjingzhang_1-1672992516438.pngvjingzhang_2-1672992567208.png

You can also use Format style by rules, here is an example. The measure should be different. 

Conditional Formatting in a Matrix - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it. Highly appreciate your Kudos!

Hello @v-jingzhang, thank you for responding to my problem. I was told that it will be better to create a measure rather that to filter it. And this is the measure that I was trying to do but it didnt work. 

CouponLEN = 
VAR MINValue= MIN('LENGTH'[Value]) 
VAR MAXValue= MAX('LENGTH'[Value]) 
VAR CurrentValue=SUM('Table'[lenght] )
RETURN CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[lenght]),FILTER('Table',[lenght]<=MAX('LENGTH'[Value])&&[lenght]>=MIN('LENGTH'[Value])))

On the original pbix file for example, I have values that don't correspond to my rechearch like the following screenshot. 

Capture d’écran 2022-11-21 095250.png

For my map formatting I want to say if the available weight & length >= selected value on the slicer then a green color, otherwise red.

I used this measure but still didn't work: 

map color = IF([CouponLEN] && [CouponWGT]= 1, 10,20)
And then I filtered on the map formatting settings telling If map color = 10 then green, if map color=20 then red.

Thank you,
Eloise

Hi @elois33 

For the map formatting, you can try below measure and setting with the old sample file. 

Color Measure = IF([CouponLEN] = 1 && [CouponWT] = 1, 10, 20)

vjingzhang_1-1673427397770.png

vjingzhang_0-1673427305626.png

However, I don't understand your new expected result for the matrix visual. Can you explain it more? You may provide a new sample pbix if the old one is not suitable. 

BR,

Jing

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.