Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

MySurveyHuB
Frequent Visitor

show each bar name beside the bar

Hello Dears,

we have some satisfaction attrbutes, and we need to setup a bar chart, each bar is the top 2 box% for this attrbuite.

we made a measure to calcuate the T2B for each attribute, but the issue when we put in the bar chart it makes the attrubute name as a legend, we just need it to be beside its bar not as legend, as below 

MySurveyHuB_0-1682348104368.png

MySurveyHuB_1-1682348176923.png

thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @MySurveyHuB 

This sounds like a question and attribute hierarchy.

This is also how the graph is constructed.

This is the first dimension question, and these are the measures you built for dimension two.
You can use the graph you selected for presentation

Ritaf1983_0-1682565692454.png

A matrix with a conditional design can also be used to reach it
My recommendation is to use matrix it because it is more flexible for design.
The bars will have the same color in the matrix, but this is only an advantage since the comparison is for height, so you can still see that it is different categories and the name of the category clearly.

Ritaf1983_1-1682565735587.png

The file I made as an example can be downloaded here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BKTBluZhmmLUNGFjgf7vMEnuwN1lBg2q/view?usp=sharing 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ppm1
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

To add text labels to a chart, you can use the PlotlyJS, Charticulator, or Deneb visuals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5S9r6E5PZs

Pat

Microsoft Employee
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @MySurveyHuB 

You just need to put your attributes on the Y axis, if I understand you correctly.
If not, please include an example with the data so that it is clear what is needed and what the problem is.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Ritaf1983 

Thanks for your reply.

We have some questions, each question is 1-5 scale question each one in a column.

We need to set a chart compare the top 2 box for each.

We made a measure for each column to calculate the top 2 box%

I.e.,

Attribute 1: 60%

Attribute 2: 45%

.. and so on.

While we made the bar chart.

If we set it as column bar chart, we can't drag those measures to y-axis, it's only allowed to x-axis.

it makes the attribute/measure name as legend.

the issue is it will be very hard to track each column with legend, we just need to be beside the bar like that

Att1------------60%

Att2---------45%

Hi @MySurveyHuB 

This sounds like a question and attribute hierarchy.

This is also how the graph is constructed.

This is the first dimension question, and these are the measures you built for dimension two.
You can use the graph you selected for presentation

Ritaf1983_0-1682565692454.png

A matrix with a conditional design can also be used to reach it
My recommendation is to use matrix it because it is more flexible for design.
The bars will have the same color in the matrix, but this is only an advantage since the comparison is for height, so you can still see that it is different categories and the name of the category clearly.

Ritaf1983_1-1682565735587.png

The file I made as an example can be downloaded here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BKTBluZhmmLUNGFjgf7vMEnuwN1lBg2q/view?usp=sharing 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.