Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Raj007
Helper III
Helper III

show count of all ...should change with the filter selection from slicers

Hi, thanks for your time. I have this scenario where iam using table to display the details data.. I would like to show the count of all incident numbers and this should change with the filters selected in slicers..

I have the dataset like

Ticket Number       Date Created        Resolved By   Dept    State         Unique_Ticket_Number Total 

101                        07/01/2021              XYZ1               ABC    Open                 1                               5

101                        07/01/2021              XYZ1               XYZ     Open                 1                               5                

101                        07/01/2021              XYZ1               HR      Open                  1                               5

101                       07/01/2021               XYZ1               FIN      Open                  1                               5

101                        07/01/2021               XYZ1             MAR    Open                   1                                5

=== 

5

when i use the ticket number and use the count in table - it is not showing 5 in each row instead it is showing 5 at the end as total

but i want the 5 to be in each row - this should again change when we select the slicers..slicers as filters    

any suggestions...thanks for your time

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Raj007 ,

You can use the following measure:

Unique_Ticket_Number = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table'[Dept]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),'Table'[Ticket Number  ] = MAX('Table'[Ticket Number  ])))

test3.gif

Please refer to the pbix file.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Raj007 ,

You can use the following measure:

Unique_Ticket_Number = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table'[Dept]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),'Table'[Ticket Number  ] = MAX('Table'[Ticket Number  ])))

test3.gif

Please refer to the pbix file.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

[Total] =
CALCULATE(
    COUNTROWS( TicketTable ),
    ALLSELECTED( )
)

However, whether this works or not depends on the structure of your model which you have not shown.

Hi Daxer, thank you so much for your time. Let me give you some brief so you get an idea

1.I have an SQL query against SQL server - I have only 1 table in power BI - everything in one table

2. I have the dataset something similar to this - there are ticket number with multiple rows because of some values in other columns; there may be some ticket numbers where there is only 1 row

1). I want to build the table visual because i want to give all the fields as detail report

icket Number       Date Created        Resolved By   Dept    State         Unique_Ticket_Number Total 

101                        07/01/2021              XYZ1               ABC    Open                 1                               5

101                        07/01/2021              XYZ1               XYZ     Open                 1                               5                

101                        07/01/2021              XYZ1               HR      Open                  1                               5

101                       07/01/2021               XYZ1               FIN      Open                  1                               5

101                        07/01/2021               XYZ1             MAR    Open                   1                                5

===

5

102                        07/01/2021              XYZ1               ABC    Open                 1                                  3

102                        07/01/2021              XYZ2               XYZ12     Open                 1                               3            102                        07/01/2021              XYZ2               XYZ12     Open                 1                               3            

102                        07/01/2021              XYZ2               HR12      Open                  1                               3

===

3

using the slicers i want to give an option to select ticket number, dept, state etc -- primary fields as slicers

is it clear? the last column will give me the total number of rows for that ticket number

again, thanks a lot for your time

Anonymous
Not applicable

Regarding one-table models... You should be aware of the problems that await you: Auto-exist on clusters or numbers – Unplugged #22 - SQLBI

You should never let one-table models make it into production unless you like producing wrong numbers without even being aware of their existence.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.