Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

MikeSolvesBI
Helper II
Helper II

remove the date hierarchy for a single date field

Hello,

I have built a calendar table and I would like to remove the date hierarchy only for this single Date field in my Calendar table.

Is there a way in Power Query to just remove the Hierarchy for a single date field?

Thank You,

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MikeSolvesBI ,

For example, you have created a calendar table for the dates 2023/1/1 to 2023/12/31 and you want to remove the date hierarchy for the date 2023/12/15?

If so,  Power BI is now unable to achieve what you need . You can submit an idea for it at   Ideas (powerbi.com)  and wait for users with the same needs as you to vote for you to help make it happen as soon as possible.

If not, you can have a try.

• actually when you drag it into values, you can right click and select the date name instead of the Date Hierarchy - then it will display as a single date.
  • Go to  File --> Options and Settings --> Options --> Current File -> Data Load 

and turn  off 'Auto Date/Time' (under Time Intelligence)

• If you need to keep some of them and get rid of one right click on the field (Visualizations/Columns), check it and uncheck "Data Hierarchy".

vpollymsft_0-1673317168470.png

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
chel4782
Frequent Visitor

I have tried everything and I can not get rid of the date hierachy. There use to be an option to select date, and now it is gone with the new release. I have tried to disable to time intelligence, and this does not work either. 

Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 7.33.49 AM.png

Right-click and choose your option as shown in the pic.

EvL1973
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

I have On-object orientation enabled in Power BI Desktop, but don't see an option to uncheck the date hierarchy for a single field. 

Please advise how to change this when on-object orientation is enabled. 

Johag
Frequent Visitor

If you have On-object interaction active it should be visible in the same way as before, just in a different place. 

Click on the Visual icon, go to column you want to change and click on the arrow, then chose column value or Date Hierarchy. 

Johag_0-1707901562042.png

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MikeSolvesBI ,

For example, you have created a calendar table for the dates 2023/1/1 to 2023/12/31 and you want to remove the date hierarchy for the date 2023/12/15?

If so,  Power BI is now unable to achieve what you need . You can submit an idea for it at   Ideas (powerbi.com)  and wait for users with the same needs as you to vote for you to help make it happen as soon as possible.

If not, you can have a try.

• actually when you drag it into values, you can right click and select the date name instead of the Date Hierarchy - then it will display as a single date.
  • Go to  File --> Options and Settings --> Options --> Current File -> Data Load 

and turn  off 'Auto Date/Time' (under Time Intelligence)

• If you need to keep some of them and get rid of one right click on the field (Visualizations/Columns), check it and uncheck "Data Hierarchy".

vpollymsft_0-1673317168470.png

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@MikeSolvesBI Date hierarchies are created via Power BI Desktop's auto time "intelligence" feature. It might be possible to use Tabular Editor to remove the auto created date table for that date field. 

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.