Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Unable to write to the transport connection."

Hi,

I'm cannot publish one report as get the following error. 

"Unable to write to the transport connection.  An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host".

I can publish other reports.

I have remade the report from scratch, once I add a measure, this error occurs.

The report is quite large 162,106kb could this be an issue?

Here are the 5 errors, I got using this tool: https://ruiromanoblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/08/power-bi-desktop-trace-logs-analyser/

Thanks,

Warren

Exception:
ExceptionType: System.IO.EndOfStreamException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
StackTrace:
at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadInt32()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.MessageSerializer.Deserialize(BinaryReader reader)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.StreamMessenger.Read()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.ChannelMessenger.Read(MessageChannel channel)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.ChannelMessenger.MessageChannel.Read()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.IMessengerExtensions.WaitFor[T](IMessenger messenger, Action`2 handler)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemoteServiceEnvironment.CreateServiceProxies(IMessenger messenger, IRemoteServiceProxy[]& services)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluationHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.SafeThread2.<>c__DisplayClass15.<CreateAction>b__14(Object o)

Exception:
ExceptionType: System.IO.EndOfStreamException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
StackTrace:
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.MessageSerializer.Deserialize(BinaryReader reader)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.IMessengerExtensions.WaitFor[T](IMessenger messenger, Action`2 handler)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemoteServiceEnvironment.CreateServiceProxies(IMessenger messenger, IRemoteServiceProxy[]& services)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.SafeThread2.<>c__DisplayClass15.<CreateAction>b__14(Object o)

Exception:
StackTrace:

Exception:
ExceptionType: System.Threading.AbandonedMutexException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
StackTrace:
at System.Threading.WaitHandle.InternalWaitOne(SafeHandle waitableSafeHandle, Int64 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean hasThreadAffinity, Boolean exitContext)
at System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOne(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean exitContext)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Container.EvaluationContainerMain.WaitForParentExitThread(Object state)

Exception:
StackTrace:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

>>The report is quite large 162,106kb could this be an issue?

Yes, too large data model may be a reason for your scenario, maybe you can try to cut down you data size and try again.

>>I can publish other reports.

Did you mean publish to same workspace? If this is a case, have you try to publish to other workspace? Have you try to direct use power bi service to get data from that file?

In addition, you can also take a look at following link who faced similar issue:

Issue with Publishing PBIX File

If above not help, please provide more content about this issue.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Tricats
Regular Visitor

I received this error after Xfinity upgraded my area to DOCSIS 3.1.  Spent about a week cutting down file sizes, removing files, etc.  Sometimes it would publish and I'd think I'd resolved the issue.  But then it wouldn't publish.  Turns out... the upgrade from Xfinity messed up something on my wireless connection.  The issue resolved when I connected an Ethernet cable directly from the modem/router to my computer.  Now it publishes without any issues.  If I go back to wireless, publish fails.

I've been researching this issue for a few days! I made a minor change to an existing report and it failed to publish. I am also an Xfinity wifi customer. I switched to a wired connection and can publish without issue.

fabiobell
Regular Visitor

My experience was very strange. After a long frustration with this error, I was able to publish the report after changing my wi-fi connection (in my case, from a 5G to a 2G network). Could not find any logical explanation to it.

My home internet (Telstra) was just upgraded and switching from 5G to 2G also solved the issue. Very strange.

mariov
Frequent Visitor

Just in case someone has the same issue... check if you have VPN turned on that is blocking the process.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Yes, too large data model may be a reason for your scenario, maybe you can try to cut down you data size and try again.

Did you mean publish to same workspace? If this is a case, have you try to publish to other workspace? Have you try to direct use power bi service to get data from that file?

In addition, you can also take a look at following link who faced similar issue:

Issue with Publishing PBIX File

If above not help, please provide more content about this issue.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, file size was the issue.

Workaround was to create a local db on my pc and connect to it. Will have to move these large csv to the cloud I think!!

Thanks for you help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft,

Appreciate your response!

Unfortunately, this is all due to the size of the data. Once I create one measure I can no longer publish. 

No I cannot publish this report to any workspace

I will attempt Direct Query and see if it rectifies the issue, thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.