Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Earth

"Load" and "Transform Data" Grayed out/ disabled when using sample dataset.

Earth_0-1646968130294.png

Earth_1-1646968179112.png

Only Cancel button is available. Cannot load or transform data.

11 REPLIES 11
pboorugu-yahoo

You have to select checkbox the worksheet or table within worksheet.

The excel file

dropdown to excel worksheets

Checkbox of the worksheet to be selected.

Load and Transform will turn active upon checkbox selected.

quinnn

I am having the same issue and I have selected the sheet by the file, and still no option to load or transform.

Do I need to activate something?

quinnn_0-1663581746051.png

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Earth ,

Whether the advice given by @pranit828  has solved your confusion, if the problem has been solved you can mark the reply for the standard answer to help the other members find it more quickly. If not, please point it out.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
Henry

Hi Henry, Thank you. However,  "Load" and "Transform Data" are still Grayed out/ disabled when I used an excel file with the sample dataset data. (I downloaded the sample dataset and saved it as an excel file.) Any ideas why? When will the "Load" and "Transform Data"  button be enabled?

Earth_0-1647380726179.png

Hi! Thank you. However,  "Load" and "Transform Data" are still Grayed out/ disabled when I downloaded the sample dataset and saved it as an excel file. Any ideas why? When will the "Load" and "Transform Data"  button be enabled?

Earth_0-1647380550022.png

You still didn't select the ✔️ checkbox.. click on that squarebox beside the data 

pranit828
Community Champion
Community Champion

HI @Earth 

Once you use any pre-existing dataset. These options are disabled as you cannot edit modify the already published dataset.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png

Hope it resolves your issue? 
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!
Linkedin Profile

Selecteing Checkbox will solve the issue..

wrong answer please.

Once a dataset is published, how do you even get back to the screen where you can select that 'checkbox'?  I can seem to find it anywhere.

Hi pranit828, Thank you. However,  "Load" and "Transform Data" are still Grayed out/ disabled when I used an excel file with the sample dataset data. (I downloaded the sample dataset and saved it as an excel file.) Any ideas why? When will the "Load" and "Transform Data"  button be enabled?

Earth_0-1647381006135.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Earth , 

You have to select the sheet by clicking on the box near the table name for that table, for the Load and transform data button to be visible. Thanks!!

Cheers 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.