Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Minty7

omit null values

The data source for a dashboard is excel. The resultset is one value and the rest are null. How do you omit the null value given certain column for a label?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

To ans wer your specific needs - If you just need only the Top row always, In Query Editor -> Home Tab- > Keep Rows->Keep Top Rows-> Enter 1 as row, this will keep the top row only.

If you want to apply a filter on column level, you can apply a filter to remove the NULL rows.

Thanks
Raj

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Minty7,

It seems that you 're using excel as data source. Do you get data from Power BI Service or Power BI Desktop?

What is your data sample like?

I 'm not very clear about your scenario, could you description in more details about your problem? You may could show some screenshots to specify it.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm not at my pc to post a screenshot. One of the columns in the excel file only has 1 value. The rest of the rows are blank. This will always be the case for this column. I only want the 1st row. The value will always appear in the 1st row.
Anonymous
Not applicable

To ans wer your specific needs - If you just need only the Top row always, In Query Editor -> Home Tab- > Keep Rows->Keep Top Rows-> Enter 1 as row, this will keep the top row only.

If you want to apply a filter on column level, you can apply a filter to remove the NULL rows.

Thanks
Raj

It wroks, thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.