Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

TKray23
Regular Visitor

need help with dax

currently, i have a table with columns: RecordID, Filter1, Filter2, Col_A, Col_B,...

LIST OF UNIQUE RECORDS = IF((TABLE1[FILTER1]=1), TABLE1[FILTER2],0)

it gives me NON UNIQUE list of records because Filter 2 has values 1 and 0.

I need to modify this statement to list only those RECORDIDs where FILTER2=1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @TKray23 ,

I suggest you to try code as below to create a measure.

Count =
VAR _SUMMARIZE =
    ADDCOLUMNS (
        'Table',
        "DISCOUNTFILTER2",
            CALCULATE (
                DISTINCTCOUNT ( 'Table'[Filter 2(1,0)] ),
                ALLEXCEPT ( 'Table', 'Table'[Record id] )
            )
    )
RETURN
    COUNTX ( FILTER ( _SUMMARIZE, [DISCOUNTFILTER2] = 1 ), [Filter 1] )

Result is as below.

vrzhoumsft_0-1695018476534.png

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
parry2k
Super User
Super User

Thanks for the valuable feedback. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@TKray23 Thanks for the explanation but this is useless.  I hope someone else can assist. 

You don't need to write in capital letters, follow some forum etiquette. Thank you!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Sorry, haven't realized I had my Caps on, but your deminer is not very friendly either.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@TKray23 not really clear what you are trying to achieve.

i NEED TO COUNT ONLY THOSE RECORDS THAT SHOWING UP ONLY ONCE IN FILTER2

TKray23
Regular Visitor

Record id

Filter 1

Filter2(1,0)

a

a

b

c

d

d

mesure should : if distinct count of recordid =1, than count Filtert1

Count=2

Hi @TKray23 ,

I suggest you to try code as below to create a measure.

Count =
VAR _SUMMARIZE =
    ADDCOLUMNS (
        'Table',
        "DISCOUNTFILTER2",
            CALCULATE (
                DISTINCTCOUNT ( 'Table'[Filter 2(1,0)] ),
                ALLEXCEPT ( 'Table', 'Table'[Record id] )
            )
    )
RETURN
    COUNTX ( FILTER ( _SUMMARIZE, [DISCOUNTFILTER2] = 1 ), [Filter 1] )

Result is as below.

vrzhoumsft_0-1695018476534.png

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@TKray23 Paste some data with the expected output. Read this post to get your answer quickly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.