Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Milozebre
Helper V
Helper V

measure

Hello Community

I have a question about a measure.

I need to do this measurement: The number of open file (A) at today's date divided by (the number of cases closed since the beginning of the month (B) divided by the number of days since the beginning of the month (C))

in mathematical measurement = A / (B / C)

Here's what I have to do with visualization to find the separate items.

A: Number of folders whose status is different from "close" and "To close"

B: Number of folders whose status is "technical close" and whose DATE_CLOTECH (relative date filter) is in the current month

C: I do not know how to calculate the number of days automatically since the beginning of the month.

Can you help me ?

Do I have to do 3 different measurements first and then create a main one? Thank you for your help. I am also looking for and I will put my progress.

Thank you in advance 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello, 

I found solution with measure (distinctrows, filters, calculate, ...), thats great.

then i create another to get my results.

Thank you for your help 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would certainly recommend doing the 3 measures and then creating that 4th measure to combine them all.  This gives you the advantage of breaking the problem down into small chunks and solving individually.  You also get the benifit that you can re-use these measures in other calculations that might use some of the same logic.

If you are concerned about performance, it will really only be a concern if you have to reference the same measure more than once within your code.  If that was the case, DAX offers variables allowing you can store the result of your measure and use that result multiple times.  This is done by starting your code with a "VAR variableName = [YourMeasure]" and placing a "RETURN" after all variables.

Good morning ROSS,

Thank you in advance for your reply and for your advices, they are precious.

Could you help me in the creation of these measures, I have never made such measures and even less a fourth one that takes them all back.

A big thank-you

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure, can you post some example data?

Good night Ross, 

what kind of example data you need ? name of table ? field name ?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a simple example of what the tables look like.  You don't need to show me everything, just enough to get an idea of how many tables you have, what the relevant fields are, and any fields that might relate those tables.

You use a lot of words like "Folders" for what you need to calculate. Without seeing the data, its fairly meaningless.

Hello, 

I found solution with measure (distinctrows, filters, calculate, ...), thats great.

then i create another to get my results.

Thank you for your help 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.