Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

eric_s
Frequent Visitor

measure result is a specific row, show the text from another cell in that same row in a new tile

Hello Power BI Community,

Can somebody help me with my problem?

In my Excel table of 5 colums I gather incident information. 

Table name; YTD_Status_Overview

eric_s_0-1610525428906.png

On a PowerBi tile I show Date information of when the last incident (LastYesMAASTRICHT) is reported, 03/01/2021 in this case.

Measure code;  

LastYesMAASTRICHT = CALCULATE(LASTDATE(YTD_Status_Overview[Date_Of_Incident]),FILTER(YTD_Status_Overview,[Set]="Yes"))

Of that same row I want to show the Comment information (injury test 03-01) on another tile. What would be the code for this measure?

Thanks in advance, Eric

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @eric_s ,

Based on just seeing the data in your screesnhot as I can't try it because you haven't attached the sample data file, Just try the following measure:

LastIncident = 

var lastDate = CALCULATE(LASTDATE(YTD_Status_Overview[Date_Of_Incident]), FILTER(YTD_Status_Overview,[Set]="Yes" ))

RETURN

CALCULATE(MAX(YTD_Status_Overview[Comment]), FILTER(YTD_Status_Overview, [Set]="Yes" && YTD_Status_Overview[Date_Of_Incident] = lastDate))

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

Thank you very much Pragati, your code works in my dashboard.
Gr, Eric

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @eric_s ,

Based on just seeing the data in your screesnhot as I can't try it because you haven't attached the sample data file, Just try the following measure:

LastIncident = 

var lastDate = CALCULATE(LASTDATE(YTD_Status_Overview[Date_Of_Incident]), FILTER(YTD_Status_Overview,[Set]="Yes" ))

RETURN

CALCULATE(MAX(YTD_Status_Overview[Comment]), FILTER(YTD_Status_Overview, [Set]="Yes" && YTD_Status_Overview[Date_Of_Incident] = lastDate))

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Thank you very much Pragati, your code works in my dashboard.
Gr, Eric

Hi @eric_s ,

If the above solution works, please Accespt it as a solutions so that others can be also benefit from it.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.