Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bokchoy
Helper II
Helper II

indexing trading days

Hi all,

I have a measure that helps me index trading days shown below

var calc = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(vw_calendar_BI), FILTER(ALL('vw_calendar_BI'), vw_calendar_BI[SingleDate] <= SELECTEDVALUE(vw_calendar_BI[SingleDate]) && vw_calendar_BI[Is_trading_day] = SELECTEDVALUE(vw_calendar_BI[Is_trading_day])),vw_calendar_BI[FinancialYear] = "2021-2022")

The measure works fine when a single slicer option is selected, but it doesn’t work as intended when both or no option is selected. (see below). Rather than combining the dates together and produce 1 index, it seems to simultaneously produce 2 separate index calculations.

Bokchoy_0-1639623613099.png

My desired solution is to have the measure produce the correct index value when a filter is applied, and if no filter is applied, produce the index value for the entire range ( in 1 sequence)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Bokchoy , Try like

var calc = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(vw_calendar_BI), FILTER(ALL('vw_calendar_BI'), vw_calendar_BI[SingleDate] <= SELECTEDVALUE(vw_calendar_BI[SingleDate]) && vw_calendar_BI[Is_trading_day] in allselected(vw_calendar_BI[Is_trading_day])),vw_calendar_BI[FinancialYear] = "2021-2022")

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Bokchoy , Try like

var calc = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(vw_calendar_BI), FILTER(ALL('vw_calendar_BI'), vw_calendar_BI[SingleDate] <= SELECTEDVALUE(vw_calendar_BI[SingleDate]) && vw_calendar_BI[Is_trading_day] in allselected(vw_calendar_BI[Is_trading_day])),vw_calendar_BI[FinancialYear] = "2021-2022")

hi @amitchandak ,

thanks for looking into my query, i was able to achieve what i want with the ISFILTERED() function in of my measure

Hi @amitchandak 
your measure did work when both options are selected but it no longer works when a single filter is applied.

Bokchoy_0-1639632235244.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.