Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nelsonwang

in filter panel, basic filtering, how to remove the count of each value or item

Hello, I am pretty new to Power BI and only created a few reports so far.  I have noticed one thing that is annoying and want to ask if there is a way to fix it.  In the filter panel, when I use the basic filtering a list of values will be visible for selection, and to the right of each value or item, there is a number that I believe represents the count of records.  This number may not be relevant to the data displayed on the report or chart, and is causing confusions to the report users.  Is it configurable so that we can turn it off?  Any suggestion is appreciated.

Capture.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
BleepBloop
Frequent Visitor

Another option is to extract your filter options into a separate table of distinct values so that all of the counts are listed as 1. It's not a great workaround, but it is an option.

no, this is not possible right now. Please feel free to vote for the idea here: https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=39c6e2a1-ec87-413d-b15b-523d4040a91e

Thanks for the information and just voted for the idea as well.

Hi @nelsonwang ,

Can you please accept the helpful answer as solution? Others who have the same request will find the answer easily and vote the idea up to get the feature fixed quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@nelsonwang 

At this time it's not configurable.  The only way to hide the count is to change to advanced filtering.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.