Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

how to use filter with an hierarchy

Hello,

I am using the first level of an Hierarchy into a slicer and all level in a matrix.  However, when comes the time to use filters, it seems

that those does not have any impact either on the slicer or on the matrix.  Does someone know why?

Is there a way to solve this issue.

Moreover, imagine that in the slicer, I select a level3 manager.  How can I avoid the level1 manager and the level2 manager to show into the matrix.

5 REPLIES 5
Osmanakgunduz
Helper I
Helper I

Hello,

can you add some related screenshots?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's few screenshots. If we go into dim all managers table and select alexandre l'heureux in the fullName field, you can see that it's businessUnit contains the word Global.

The last screenshot  is a filter using the managers from the hirearchy on the right.  As you can see, we add the filter BusinessUnit does not contains Global, so alexandre l'heureux should not appears but it does.  It is like the filter does not have any impact on the hierarchy.

Capture20200128C.PNGCapture20200128B.PNGCapture20200128A.PNG

Its about slicer. Slicer always shows all values and doesn't change by filter. You can use Table instead of slicer.2020-01-28_18h13_02h.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did not show the matrix on the screenshot.  But I am using a slicer to limit the information into the matrix.

So I need to use a slicer.

However, you are telling me that there is no way to filter the information on a slicer.  Is it correct?

No, actually I can not say that there is not a way to do something on power bi. I just mean that normally slicer doesn't affect by filter. you can refer to https://powerbi.tips/2018/05/apply-a-filter-to-a-slicer/

I only said that table can be an option. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.