Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

carloshluiz
Regular Visitor

how to increase update time

Team,

Please, could you help me how to increase the update time, I'm using the Salesforce data source to connect, but there comes a time that presents this error, due to the update time.

Error: Erro do OLE DB ou do ODBC : [DataSource.Error] The operation timed out.

carloshluiz_0-1669065176965.png

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
v-yadongf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @carloshluiz ,

This error message means your requests have exceeded the timeout limits and the remote database breaks the connections.

Please increase connection timeout. For SQL database, we can change the command timeout in Advanced options of  Data source settings directly.

vyadongfmsft_0-1669085809758.png

Please refer to:Sql.Database - PowerQuery M | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yadongf-msft Hi,

Hello, as I'm connecting directly to SalesForce, I don't have that option. Is there another option?

carloshluiz_0-1669087118274.png

Thanks

Did you resolve this?

Hi @carloshluiz ,

This is suitable for SQL data source.

In addition to the error of data source timed out , there seems to be several other errors at the same time. What are these errors? Are they have been solved?

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.