Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sirmehran
Regular Visitor

how to calculate SUM of Increase and decrease and summary of all

Hello 

I have a table with amonth of order for each item (F[Value]) and the date of order (conceted to DIMDATE Table) , I needed to calulated sum of orders in selected month and it's prior month , so I did below measures :

Total = SUM(F[Value])

Prior Month Forecast = CALCULATE([Total], PREVIOUSMONTH(DimDate[Date]))

and I have Incease and decresed and total changed 
Increase the Quantity =  VAR PrevMonthOrder = [Prior Month Forecast]
    RETURN
        IF(SUM(F[Value]) > PrevMonthOrder,CALCULATE( SUM(F[Value]) - PrevMonthOrder), BLANK())

Decrease the Quantity =    VAR PrevMonthOrder = [Prior Month Forecast]
    RETURN
        IF(SUM(F[Value]) < PrevMonthOrder,CALCULATE( SUM(F[Value]) - PrevMonthOrder), BLANK())

Forecast Quantity Changed = VAR PrevMonthOrder = [Prior Month Forecast]
    RETURN

SUM(F[Value])- PrevMonthOrder

in the abouve table for header there is not any sum because my measures calulated them separatly . 

Now , I need to calulate Sum of all increased and decreased and changes , I know that would be some row 

all the increase and decreasing without considering the top headers.

I know that might be a row context calulation , but I dont know how I should apply it .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found answere: 
I have used this for decreasing : 

SUMX(FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Forecasting Folder'[PartNo]),[Forecast Quantity Changed]<0),[Forecast Quantity Changed])
and this one for increaseing : SUMX(FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Forecasting Folder'[PartNo]),[Forecast Quantity Changed]>0),[Forecast Quantity Changed])

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
nelsonwynn
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

I also want to know answer about these question. I'm now occuring the same problem.

Thank you.

I found answere: 
I have used this for decreasing : 

SUMX(FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Forecasting Folder'[PartNo]),[Forecast Quantity Changed]<0),[Forecast Quantity Changed])
and this one for increaseing : SUMX(FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Forecasting Folder'[PartNo]),[Forecast Quantity Changed]>0),[Forecast Quantity Changed])

Thank you so much. I'll try with your instruction.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.