Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

have multiple tables related each other and created from the same source, once a row is selected

have multiple tables related each other and created from the same source, once a row is selected in one table then remaining tables are filtering out.  I want fix the selected row, as soon as i select the item in the second table remaining are resetting.  My selection to be fixed in the selected table and the remaining to be changed based on the earlier selected tables.  Please help.

Example:

T1:                 T2:                T3:             T4:                     T5:

January          Sales            South         Electronics        Total

Febraury        Expenses      North         Electric              Avg

March            Misc             East            Grosseries        Tax

April                                   West           Pulses               Profit

May                                                       Organic

June

July

Once i select Month in T1, remaining will be changed.  Next I should be select item in T2 then the item in T1 shouldnt be changed but T3, T4, T5 should be changed. Once if i select item in T3, item in T1 and T2 shouldnt be changed but items in T4 and 5 should be changed.

Please help me.  Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please check the Edit Interaction feature.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-reports-visual-interactions 

In your case, you will need to turn on the interaction of other all tables for table1, turn on the interaction of other tables except table1 for table2, turn on the interaction of other tables except table1 and table2 for table3, and so on.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

That totally depends on how your data model is wired. Can you show your data model?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ibendlin,

Thank you very much for coming forward to help me, i was not able to upload pbix file or excel so please find the details below.

Thanks

SureshData in ExcelData in ExcelData in powerbi after uploadingData in powerbi after uploadingView in powerbiView in powerbiClicked on ID 2Clicked on ID 2Clicking on February, all data has been resetClicking on February, all data has been reset

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.