Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Louke
Frequent Visitor

compare one employee to the team, in spite of RLS on employee

Hello all,

I would like to compare the revenue of one employee to the team revenue, although I use RLS.

I got a dimension of my employees:

EmployeeTeam
JackGermany
MeganGermany
CathieGermany
CarolineAustria
SusiAustria
MichaelAustria
LuiseSuisse
TimSuisse

I got a fact table of my orders:

OrderIDEmployee Revenue 
200056Jack       50,00 €
200057Michael     150,00 €
200058Megan     100,00 €
200059Megan       50,00 €
200060Cathie     200,00 €
200061Luise     150,00 €
200062Caroline     200,00 €
200063Tim       50,00 €
200064Michael     150,00 €
200065Megan     100,00 €
200066Susi     100,00 €

Now, I would like to get the revenue of one employee and for comparison the revenue of the whole team:

MonthEmployeeRevenueTeam
JanuaryJack       50,00 €     500,00 €
JanuaryMegan     250,00 €     500,00 €
JanuaryMichael     300,00 €     600,00 €

With the a slicer and the "ALL"-expression I could show the revenue of the team:

Louke_1-1661852262225.png

When I publish it to the service with RLS for every employee, it will not show the Team-Revenue in the version of the employees.

A solution would be to copy the "Table" and use the Team-Coulumn as Key-Coulumn for the relationship.

Does anyone know a smart way how to solve this or is my solution the only way?

Thank you so much in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Louke ,

You can use your own good method, it should also be effective.In addition to that, I noticed that you use RLS and perhaps you can also configure RLS to manage what your employees can see. Using your data as an example, you would be able to set up each member to be able to see their own and the team's revenue. The configuration can be found in this document.

Row-level security (RLS) guidance in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

But in fact, what I have in mind seems far less simple than yours, and I would advise you more to use your own familiar way to reach your goal.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Louke ,

You can use your own good method, it should also be effective.In addition to that, I noticed that you use RLS and perhaps you can also configure RLS to manage what your employees can see. Using your data as an example, you would be able to set up each member to be able to see their own and the team's revenue. The configuration can be found in this document.

Row-level security (RLS) guidance in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

But in fact, what I have in mind seems far less simple than yours, and I would advise you more to use your own familiar way to reach your goal.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.