Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

cristianp1033

combination of queries

Hi, When I make a combination of queries, between two databases I use the inner join, it brings the correct number of rows until I make the filter in the new column, after this step, the number of rows is increased in the wrong way, how can I solve this error.

tks for u help.

Cristian.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vicky_
Super User
Super User

Without some sample data this is hard to debug. 
If you're looking at this in PowerQuery, please keep in mind that only the first 1000 rows are being loaded per time. If your combined dataset is larger than that, then there's a chance that you're not seeing the full results before filtering (and again, the rows that you see in PowerQuery might again look slightly different when you load them into PowerBI). 

Also, with inner joins, check that the column that you are joining on is UNIQUE. If there is a duplicate in either of the original datasets, then your joined table will also have a duplicate row. It's strange to me that the number of rows increases after filtering, rather than joining / expanding the columns, so maybe you need to take another look at your source tables. Good luck.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
vicky_
Super User
Super User

Without some sample data this is hard to debug. 
If you're looking at this in PowerQuery, please keep in mind that only the first 1000 rows are being loaded per time. If your combined dataset is larger than that, then there's a chance that you're not seeing the full results before filtering (and again, the rows that you see in PowerQuery might again look slightly different when you load them into PowerBI). 

Also, with inner joins, check that the column that you are joining on is UNIQUE. If there is a duplicate in either of the original datasets, then your joined table will also have a duplicate row. It's strange to me that the number of rows increases after filtering, rather than joining / expanding the columns, so maybe you need to take another look at your source tables. Good luck.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.