I want to know how i can get power bi certificate, or how i can take some course of microsoft where i get a power bi certificate ?
Solved! Go to Solution.
@adrianbravo There aren't any MSFT certifications yet to my knowledge. There is an edX course that offers the ability to purchase a certificate after completing the course, but that is the only one I'm aware of.
Currently there's no Power BI certificate from Microsoft. But there are many resources to learn Power BI.
Introducing Microsoft Power BI, by Marco Russo and Alberto Ferrari:
Power BI tutorial videos from Adam Saxton:
In case if we fail in the first attempt and want to retake this exam .do we need to pay again..And do you know any study source for this PL-300 exam
Can some one share the Exam pattern for this Power Bi certification.
1. How many questions will be there?
2. What is the pass percentage for this exam?
3. Are these multiple choice questions?
1. I think there was over 100 questions.
2. That I do not know, but if you have worked with Power BI for some time it should not be that difficult.
3. Yes, these are basicly only variants of multiple choice.
complete the 778 exam and the 779 exam and you will get an 'MCSA BI Reporting'
Awesome...but I can't get what means 'If you pass it, you will receive full credit toward applicable certifications, but you will not receive a score report or pass/fail notification until 8-12 weeks following the conclusion of the beta period' . Can I take the exam but I don't receive certification immediatly ?
Will do I take the course first?
@Anonymous This exam is in Beta. Any microsoft Beta exam operates this way until it goes out of beta. Beta exam results take time before you get to know results unlike normal exams. But it has the same value of certification
Just passed it and the 767 plus 768 exams, but no MCSE Data Management & Analytics 😞 I though 778 was promised as an elective exam for MCSE elevation?
As you have done Power BI certification . So just wanted to confirm few questions.
1. From where you did your certification ( Microsoft or EDx ) ?
2. If you did your from Microsoft . Did you get certificate specific for Power BI or you got Badge ? I am asking this because as I have read in https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/mcsa-bi-reporting.aspx#cp-section3-head . Anyone has to give two exams to certificate of MCSA . not of Power BI.
3. In case you got a badge for passing exam 70 -778 Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Microsoft Power BI. Till how much time period that badge is valid ? What is the credibility of that badge.
4. If somene has cleared 70 -778 exam after how many months he/she can give 70-779 exam for gaining certificate of MCSA.
I have now passed four(!) exams and earned two MCSA's. For the BI Reporting MCSA, one of the exams is the 778 exam (Microsoft), the other one being the 779 focusing on excel. I got a badge for all of those.
I am not entirely sure, but I think the badges are valid for four-five years, and then you'll have to take a refresh-exam focusing on new features. At least that's what I've been told.
You can take the 779 at any time of your liking, perhaps even on the same day as you have passed the 778 exam. I took them perhaps a few months apart, to have plenty of time for studying.
Thank You for your swift response. Can you please suggest me some practice test for practising DAX queries and Other topics.
Any help will be highly appreciated
Thanks in advance.