Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nuwanhwb
Frequent Visitor

cannot find the options preview features json table inference - Extract Tabular Data From JSON

Hi,

I want to find the below option.but in my power bi desktop it not shows.

What would be the issue .

File----> Options and Setings ---> options----> Preview Features ----> JSON table inference

please help.

Thanks,

Nuwan

3 REPLIES 3
johncolley
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

HI @nuwanhwb , It was a preview feature last year. It would be Generally Available now so you don't need to turn on any settings. Just use the JSON connector and it should work as needed.

Hi Johncolley, 
Thanks for your responce. i used that after installing the new desktop version.
But i need to read below JSON File structure and i need to expand bottom of the nested list.

i used to read all the JSON files in a folder and expand to the end and transform.

Please comment
Thanks

Nuwan

@johncolley wrote:

HI @nuwanhwb , It was a preview feature last year. It would be Generally Available now so you don't need to turn on any settings. Just use the JSON connector and it should work as needed.

Hi @nuwanhwb ,

After you connect to the JSON file, you could trasform in the Power Query Editor. Here's an article you could refer to

Power BI JSON Connection: 3 Easy Methods - Learn | Hevo (hevodata.com)

Power Query JSON connector - Power Query | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.