Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Breezelovin

calendar table filter to a 12 month period from a single month selection

Hi all,

I have to create a yearly total that can be compared year on year based on a user selected month. i.e if someone selects October then the visual will show the 2015 total of all sales from Nov 2014 until end Oct 2015 and the 2016 total of all sales from Nov 2015 until end Oct 2016 etc. If the user selects March then the calculation will change the dates to calculate from April until end of March for each year. Ive got the formula for running total but the problem is when selecting the month comes in, as this is from the date table, it filters this to only the month and the running total calculation is now limited to only October in every year, which is not what im after. I've tried multiple ways to make the calendar table filter to a 12 month period from a single month selection but no joy.

Can anyone assist please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ray_ux
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Breezelovin  you should be able to find a way to do it from here: https://www.daxpatterns.com/time-patterns/

It's just a matter of selecting the correct filter parameters, it always takes a bit of fiddling around the get the right combination of filters. hopefully it help.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ray_ux
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Breezelovin  you should be able to find a way to do it from here: https://www.daxpatterns.com/time-patterns/

It's just a matter of selecting the correct filter parameters, it always takes a bit of fiddling around the get the right combination of filters. hopefully it help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.