Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

lonestar
Frequent Visitor

calculated measure in line chart

Hi all,

I would like some help about a little problem that i am facing

I have created a new measure to calculate sla

the formula tha i used is

SLA% = 1-((COUNTAx(FILTER(grid_raw;grid_raw[IN_SLA]=0 && grid_raw[EXCLUDE_VISIT]=0);grid_raw[VISIT_MADE]))/(COUNTAX(FILTER(grid_raw;grid_raw[VISIT_MADE]=1);grid_raw[VISIT_MADE])))

Eventhough it seems to work fine the problem is when i use this field (SLA%) in a line chart , it displays values even for months without any data

as you can see below

I have date until december 2020 but it shows results until the end of 2021

Any ideas??

Thank you very much in advance

lonestar_1-1610045716591.png

lonestar_2-1610045746433.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@lonestar try this

SLA% = 
VAR __result = ((COUNTAx(FILTER(grid_raw;grid_raw[IN_SLA]=0 && grid_raw[EXCLUDE_VISIT]=0);grid_raw[VISIT_MADE]))/(COUNTAX(FILTER(grid_raw;grid_raw[VISIT_MADE]=1);grid_raw[VISIT_MADE])))
RETURN 
IF ( __result <> BLANK(), 1 - __result )

Check my latest blog post Year-2020, Pandemic, Power BI and Beyond to get a summary of my favourite Power BI feature releases in 2020

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@lonestar so that is your problem, you have to find out why it is returning blank(), not 100%

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@lonestar not sure why, if you just return __result without if condition, what you see. Is it coming out blank()

Yeap ...empty

SLA% =
VAR __result = ((COUNTAx(FILTER(grid_raw;grid_raw[IN_SLA]=0 && grid_raw[EXCLUDE_VISIT]=0);grid_raw[VISIT_MADE]))/(COUNTAX(FILTER(grid_raw;grid_raw[VISIT_MADE]=1);grid_raw[VISIT_MADE])))
RETURN
__result

lonestar_1-1610060081561.png

lonestar_0-1610060059036.png

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@lonestar sorry not sure what you mean? Can you provide some screenshots to explain it?

The actual data for october and december is 100% but with the solution proposed is been filtered out

I hope i made my self clear.....sorry

lonestar_3-1610058948810.png

lonestar_2-1610058917935.png

lonestar
Frequent Visitor

Work like a charm!

Thank you very much!!!

AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @lonestar 

Try something like:

SLA% =
VAR aux_ =
    DIVIDE (
        COUNTAX (
            FILTER ( grid_raw; grid_raw[IN_SLA] = 0 && grid_raw[EXCLUDE_VISIT] = 0 );
            grid_raw[VISIT_MADE]
        );
        COUNTAX ( FILTER ( grid_raw; grid_raw[VISIT_MADE] = 1 ); grid_raw[VISIT_MADE] )
    )
RETURN
    IF ( NOT ISBLANK ( aux_ ); 1 - aux_ )

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@lonestar try this

SLA% = 
RETURN 
IF ( __result <> BLANK(), 1 - __result )

Check my latest blog post Year-2020, Pandemic, Power BI and Beyond to get a summary of my favourite Power BI feature releases in 2020

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

The only issue is that even when 100% is valid (based on data ie  Dec 2020 ) doesnt  appear with this suggestion

any thoughts?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.