Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Kiniaczek
Helper I
Helper I

bar chart with custom x axis

Hello,

I want to show visualization of the shop shelf on the bar chart. I know current stocks and name of products, also an order of products. If the product could be only in one place at the shelf I would simply make chart like:

values - stocks

x axis - names of products

and sort names of products by product order.

Unfortunately a product can lay on two or more different parts of the shelf so I can't sort by product order.

I would like to have a chart of 'stocks by product order' but instead of showing 'product order numbers' show 'product names' on x axis (so the same values on X axis can occur multiple times)

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

There is no way to show the repeated values separately on the X-axis. I suggest you rename product column as 'shelf + prodcutname' to  distinguish duplicate values.

As a workaround, you can use shelf column in legend, Although duplicate values are still merged, you can distinguish them by color and tooltip.

Untitled picture3.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kiniaczek
Helper I
Helper I

I solve the problem by concatenating product name and order. But it doesn't look nice to have strange number in label.

Do you have any other ideas?

Hi,

There is no way to show the repeated values separately on the X-axis. I suggest you rename product column as 'shelf + prodcutname' to  distinguish duplicate values.

As a workaround, you can use shelf column in legend, Although duplicate values are still merged, you can distinguish them by color and tooltip.

Untitled picture3.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.