Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

add conditional column

Hello!

I have this table. Relevant for us are the columns [Nummer], [Saldo] and [Date].

For each Month there is 1 row in [nummer]. I just want to add a column [saldo previous month] where it takes the corresponding value from [saldo] from the same [nummer] from last month.

I've made an example in the picture below.

sunny_marco_0-1668173478054.png

Can somebody help me to add this conditional column? I really don't get it how to code this column. 

Thank you!

Marco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

1. add a custom column like:

vcgaomsft_0-1668417876075.png

2. merge queries:

vcgaomsft_1-1668417913751.png

3. expand and rename [Saldo] column:

vcgaomsft_2-1668418071319.png

#"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Umbenannte Spalten", "Custom", each Date.AddMonths([Date],-1)),
    #"Merged Queries" = Table.NestedJoin(#"Added Custom", {"Nummer", "Custom"}, #"Added Custom", {"Nummer", "Date"}, "Sorted Rows", JoinKind.LeftOuter),
    #"Expanded Sorted Rows" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Merged Queries", "Sorted Rows", {"Saldo"}, {"Saldo.1"}),
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Expanded Sorted Rows",{"Custom"}),
    #"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Removed Columns",{{"Saldo.1", "saldo previous month"}})
in
    #"Renamed Columns"

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous can you share your sample pbix file

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

can you please help me with this? @negi007 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I can't upload files yet. It's only possible to share links so I saved it on a onedrive link:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArzXZfC_jkl3gch6T5Ssb4Rjue6Cww?e=WFEqrf

Hi @Anonymous ,

1. add a custom column like:

vcgaomsft_0-1668417876075.png

2. merge queries:

vcgaomsft_1-1668417913751.png

3. expand and rename [Saldo] column:

vcgaomsft_2-1668418071319.png

#"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Umbenannte Spalten", "Custom", each Date.AddMonths([Date],-1)),
    #"Merged Queries" = Table.NestedJoin(#"Added Custom", {"Nummer", "Custom"}, #"Added Custom", {"Nummer", "Date"}, "Sorted Rows", JoinKind.LeftOuter),
    #"Expanded Sorted Rows" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Merged Queries", "Sorted Rows", {"Saldo"}, {"Saldo.1"}),
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Expanded Sorted Rows",{"Custom"}),
    #"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Removed Columns",{{"Saldo.1", "saldo previous month"}})
in
    #"Renamed Columns"

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

Thank you very much, yeah it worked 🙂 Actually way more easy than i thought before!  

Unfortunately I can't log in in the account i posted this before, thats why I can't directly accept it as a solution 😕

ToddChitt
Super User
Super User

I think this would be better served by a DAX Measure. And [Nummer] is strictly a dimension of your data.

Did I answer your question? If so, mark my post as a solution. Also consider helping someone else in the forums!

Proud to be a Super User!

i did it with dateadd:

Saldo Last Month = CALCULATE(SUM(ER_und_Bilanz[Saldo]),VALUES(ER_und_Bilanz[Nummer]),DATEADD(ER_und_Bilanz[Date],-1,MONTH))

But I'm working with a slicer, and then the month before must also be selected that it works. thats why i thought a want to add a column where the data from last month is already inside. so i only have to select one month

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.