Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Isabellemilow
Frequent Visitor

Years side by side instead of consecutively

Hello together 🙂

I've created at the beginning of the year my first powerBi dashboard... Unfortunately, I haven't had anything to do with PowerBi for a whole year now, so my knowledge is a bit rusty... can you perhaps help me and tell me how I can compare the years/periods directly next to each other instead of one after the other?
So I would like P01 to show 2021 - 2023 and show my totals per period in one bar, if you know what I mean. Unfortunately I can't find what I'm looking for via google... Can anyone help me?
Thanks a lot!

Isabellemilow_0-1701335639549.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Isabellemilow ,

You might consider separating the year and period into separate column:

vcgaomsft_2-1701934816603.png

Then apply the period to the x-axis, the output:

vcgaomsft_1-1701934667215.png

Please check the pbix file.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum -- China Power BI User Group

ariba_m
Regular Visitor

Hi there,
As per my understanding of the problem, try using the Clustered Bar Chart. 

In your case, replace the field that has P01,P02...P0N with Store Id. Do some formating and hopefully you will achieve it.

ariba_m_0-1701342294179.png

Hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.