Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SandroRiz
Helper I
Helper I

Y axis label, why only even values

I have a series of data that goes from 2013 to 2021.

Would be possible to have the Y label each every year and not by step of two?

Moreover, leaving Start and End to Auto, there are two useless spaces for 2012 and 2022 where I don't have data.

Forcing Start&End with right value, it eliminates that spaces but result is either ugly... Is there a setting like Density of Data Label (with 100% should plot every year)

Thanks in advance

Screenshot 2021-03-21 162827.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I had already tried... it writes all the labels (and the behaviour in Continuous mode is even weirder because that means there is the space to write), but I don't like the sort order that I want chronological

Screenshot 2021-03-23 203438.jpg

View solution in original post

Hi @SandroRiz ,

Please click More options (...) menu in the upper right corner of the bar chart, select Sort by, and then select Year field just like below screenshot.

yingyinr_1-1616575659883.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SandroRiz ,

Please navigate to Format pane and find Y axis tab to set Type as "Categorical" and check whether it can work.

yingyinr_0-1616492662039.png

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I had already tried... it writes all the labels (and the behaviour in Continuous mode is even weirder because that means there is the space to write), but I don't like the sort order that I want chronological

Screenshot 2021-03-23 203438.jpg

Hi @SandroRiz ,

Please click More options (...) menu in the upper right corner of the bar chart, select Sort by, and then select Year field just like below screenshot.

yingyinr_1-1616575659883.png

Best Regards

Perfect solution, thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @SandroRiz 

Make sure that the date table has the min and max date of your fact table. i.e. calendar(min(date),max(date)

Post that, try and reduce the size of y axis,make a calculated year column in your dim table of year and try if that works.

my date table is shaped  right.
Growing (a lot) the height of the visual all the values are coming, but even in my size there would be space to render all...

MyCalendar =
ADDCOLUMNS (
CALENDAR (DATE(2013,1,1), DATE(2021,12,31)),
"DateAsInteger", FORMAT ( [Date], "YYYYMMDD" ),
"Year", YEAR ( [Date] ),
"Monthnumber", FORMAT ( [Date], "MM" ),
"YearMonthnumber", FORMAT ( [Date], "YYYY/MM" ),
"YearMonthShort", FORMAT ( [Date], "YYYY/mmm" ),

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.