Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Shahabh786
Frequent Visitor

Y-Axis Alignment Problem with Combined Column and Line Chart

Description:

I am currently working on a Power BI project where I have encountered an issue with combining a column chart and a line chart in the same visual. Let me describe the scenario and the problem in detail:

Scenario:

• I have two measures in my Power BI report:

1. Inventory Days
    2. Market Inventory Days
  • On the X-axis, I am displaying "Month Year."

• On the Y-axis, I am showing "Market Inventory Days" in a column chart.

Desired Visualization:

• In addition to the column chart, I want to include a line representation of my product brands' performance over the same X-axis (Month Year). (Something as below.)

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

Current Setup:

• To achieve this, I have used two separate visuals: a column chart for "Market Inventory Days" and a line chart for the product brands.
  • However, the problem I'm facing is that the Y-axis scaling does not match between these two visuals.

What I've Tried:

• I have attempted adjusting the Y-axis settings in both visuals to ensure alignment, but the issue persists.

Request you to kindly help me with some workaround with this or suggest any custom visual.

5 REPLIES 5
ChiragGarg2512
Super User
Super User

@Shahabh786 , Use secondary y -axis in format visual for line and stack chart.

I have attempted to utilize the provided visualization tool, but the issue I encountered is that it does not support legends for lines; it only allows legends to be applied to columns. Please see the screenshot.

Shahabh786_0-1695751068272.png

JoeBarry
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Shahabh786 

There is a Bar & Line Chart visual that you could use. It will mean both measures can be used in one Visual. 

Joe

I have attempted to utilize the provided visualization tool, but the issue I encountered is that it does not support legends for lines; it only allows legends to be applied to columns. Please see the screenshot.

Shahabh786_0-1695751068272.png

This isn't an ideal work around, but you could try the following if the line legend won't change or is a single value.

Remove all value fields except for the Line. This should provide a legend. Take a screenshot of the legend and then import the screenshot as a visual. Set up the Visual with the Column legend and then layer the picture beside the other legends. open the selection part and make sure that the visual is lower in the list than the screenshot.

JoeBarry_0-1695793063644.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.