Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ND_C
Regular Visitor

Wrong cell padding in matrix visual when report is first opened

I'm running into some strange behavior with matrix visualizations, similar to that described (but not resolved) here.  When the report is first opened, something about the cell size or padding isn't being rendered correctly.  Anything that causes the matrix to refresh, such as interacting with a slicer, will then cause the matrix to start rendering with the expected cell sizes.

Screen caps of what I'm describing can be seen below.  In the first image, the report has just been opened; you can see scroll bars in 3 of the 5 matrix visuals.  In the second image, one of the checkboxes in the Month slicer has been un-checked and then re-checked.  The scroll bars have disappeared, and the row padding in the top 3 visuals is rendering properly.

On first open (note scrollbars):

ND_C_0-1673900624905.png

After slicer interaction (scrollbars gone, visual looks as it was designed to):

ND_C_1-1673900664983.png

A sample workbook for replicating the issue can be grabbed here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r41mb8oecka5df6/matrix_example.pbix?dl=0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @ND_C , 

I'm not completly sure why but the issue seems to be related to the DIN font. When i change the font to Segoe UI i no longer have the issue.... 

Might be a case for the Issues channel? 

Br,
J

Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @ND_C , 

I'm not completly sure why but the issue seems to be related to the DIN font. When i change the font to Segoe UI i no longer have the issue.... 

Might be a case for the Issues channel? 

Br,
J

Connect on LinkedIn
ND_C
Regular Visitor

You are in fact correct.  That is... very odd.  I'll post something to Issues, thanks very much.

ND_C
Regular Visitor

Hi @amitchandak ,

in this case, I had already set the widths and turned off the auto-size option (you can test this yourself in the attached .pbix file).

I also just noticed another behavior that seems, to me, like it would indicate a bug in how Power BI is initially rendering the cell size: if I open the file, change an element, and then click "undo," Power BI re-renders the visuals correctly.

First open (scrollbars visible): 

ND_C_0-1673964544386.png

Unrelated element change (in this case, I moved the slicer location):

ND_C_1-1673964590154.png

Clicked undo (no more scrollbars):

ND_C_2-1673964636703.png

I know this seems minor, but in my actual production report it results in the user, when opening the page, being greeted by illegible visuals because scrollbars are obscuring the data:

ND_C_4-1673965265634.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ND_C , Power bi keeps on adjusting the width, First set the width as per need and then switch off auto width and try

amitchandak_0-1673921746147.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.