Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

wickenss
Regular Visitor

Working with Multiple Calendars in Dynamics 365 for Operations

Hi Everyone,

I have a question around connecting to systems that hold multiple calendars.

My issue is that I want a report that presents sales totals by month for a fiscal year.

However my Dynamics database contains 2 companies, 1 US and 1 UK, the UK one runs off of a Jan - Dec calendar where as the US one runs April to March.

Is it possible to have a single report that can present different year axis when switching between company ID's?

Or is it best practice to develop seperate report for each fiscal calendar in use?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wickenss,

For your requirement, you can add a calendar table, then add calculate column to calculate the financial year of specify company.

Sample:

DateTable= CALENDAR(DATE(2015,1,1),TODAY())

Add calculate columns:

US Financial Year = [Date].[Year]&" FY"

UK Financial Year = YEAR(DATE([Date].[Year],[Date].[MonthNo]-3,[Date].[Day]))&" FY"

Create a hierarchy column with above financial years and drag it to the axis field.

After above steps, you can switch the display financial years by drill down button.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wickenss,

For your requirement, you can add a calendar table, then add calculate column to calculate the financial year of specify company.

Sample:

DateTable= CALENDAR(DATE(2015,1,1),TODAY())

Add calculate columns:

US Financial Year = [Date].[Year]&" FY"

UK Financial Year = YEAR(DATE([Date].[Year],[Date].[MonthNo]-3,[Date].[Day]))&" FY"

Create a hierarchy column with above financial years and drag it to the axis field.

After above steps, you can switch the display financial years by drill down button.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Xiaoxin Sheng,

This makes sense, I'll give it a go!

Steve

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.