Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mirwal1m

Wordcloud does not show most important value in results

Hi all,

In my Power BI report I’m using the Microsoft wordcloud (version 2.0.0).

Although it works mostly fine, there is an odd problem.

The wordcloud shows the articleviews in a knowledgebase. The more views, the bigger the words should be.

In this wordcloud the article with the most views does not appear. Only the second largest view and lower.

Also odd: with Word-breaking on, it does give the wanted articlename (word-breaked), with Word-breaking off, it doesn’t .

There are no filters active on page nor visual.

Help would be much appreciated!

Mireille

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mirwal1m

Hi All, 

With a little help and lots of patience I found the solution to my problem! 

Because I'm using the wordcloud for (entire) article-titles, with word braking of, the titles showed can consist of several words.

The article with most views wil be the biggest of them all en simply will not fit in the wordcloud and therefore wil not be showed.. (stil feels buggy to me.) 

The solution is expirimenting with General > Max font size in the format panel. (See below.)

The downside is that the difference in size is less obvious, so it's a concession, but it works! 

mirwal1m_0-1644955200413.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mirwal1m

Hi All, 

With a little help and lots of patience I found the solution to my problem! 

Because I'm using the wordcloud for (entire) article-titles, with word braking of, the titles showed can consist of several words.

The article with most views wil be the biggest of them all en simply will not fit in the wordcloud and therefore wil not be showed.. (stil feels buggy to me.) 

The solution is expirimenting with General > Max font size in the format panel. (See below.)

The downside is that the difference in size is less obvious, so it's a concession, but it works! 

mirwal1m_0-1644955200413.png

mirwal1m

Thanks for your reply,

Unfortunately it does not solve my problem. 

My problem feels like a bug in the Wordcloud visual. 

All but the top value(s) will get shown in the wordcloud visual.

I'll try to further specify it: 

1.  Below a chart of articleviews. When I copy and paste this chart and change the type to Microsoft wordcloud, 

The top Item (Tijdelijke bereikbaarheid..) wil NOT be shown in the word cloud with Word-braking OFF. The rest does get shown.  

If I click on the item in the bar chart (as filter) , the item is shown (and the rest isn't) , but only then.

mirwal1m_0-1644828606557.png

In the Data Colors properties the top value is also recognized but changing the color does not give diferent results. 

mirwal1m_1-1644829308234.png

I hope this clearifies my problem.

Thanks, 

Mireille 

v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mirwal1m ,

You can check is that some thing wrong by cross-filter by click the biggest word. And  the table visual or bar chart will show the detail.

vchenwuzmsft_0-1644548223964.png

But if there some same rows in text table you can drag the text field to both catagroy and values.

vchenwuzmsft_1-1644552247304.png

When word breaking is on, one row is recognised as a word and is displayed by the number of occurrences in the row, regardless of the frequency of individual words.

word breaking off:

vchenwuzmsft_2-1644552548165.png

work breaking on

vchenwuzmsft_3-1644552586620.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.