Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

TungNguyen_19
Helper III
Helper III

Why SELECTEDVALUE must been placed into CALCULATE to show value in one side of one-many cardinality?

Hello everyone,

I have 2 tables are connecting with the relationship based on 2 columns: Table1[ID_REVENUE] - Table2[ID]

TungNguyen_19_1-1683879789956.png

Now I need to get the column _COLLECT (USD) from Table2 into Table1, because Table1 is on one side (one-many cardinality) so I can not use RELATED and also only 37% ID_REVENUE can be mapped to ID (Note: Table1 is not Dimension of Table2, these are just 2 Fact tables). After researching I use this formular:

_RefCollect_IMP = SELECTEDVALUE('Table2'[_COLLECT (USD)])

It doesn't work but if I add ALLEXCEPT it works?? NoteID_REVENUE and ID are 2 unique columns of Table1

_RefCollect_IMP =
CALCULATE(
SELECTEDVALUE('Table2'[_COLLECT (USD)]),
ALLEXCEPT('Table1','Table1'[ID_REVENUE], 'Table1'[ID])

I don't know what is going on behind the scene? Please anyone can explain to me? Also is there any other way/solution for this?

Many thanks to you guys ❤️

1 REPLY 1
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TungNguyen_19 ,

I think your issue should be caused by your data model. I suggest you to share a samle file with me. This will make it easier for me to find the solution.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.