Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

thiagowsousa
Regular Visitor

Web.Content function - Access to the Resource is forbidden when invoking function in Power Query

Hi Experts,

I'm using the latest version of Power Bi and I have hundreds of URL that I need to extract information from.

I was able to do so by using the Web.BrowserContents function (invoking it in a Power Query function and then expanding the table results). However, after publishing the report to the Power BI Service, Power BI indicated that the function Web.BrowserContents function used to invoke the hundreds of URL was not supported for scheduled refresh.

Due to this, I changed the function to Web.Contents. But using this function is creating another issue. In Power Query I can run the query and see the results in the tables, but when I apply them to load and see in Power BI I get this message indicating the Access to the resource is forbidden.

Do you know how can I workaround this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Thiago

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have encountered into same issues.

I have followed steps desribed in article: https://5minutebi.com/2018/04/09/power-bi-using-and-refreshing-excel-datasources-with-onedrive/ ,which works fine, when you adding a new data source.

In case you already have data-set with local files, you can change it directly in the query editor.

Detailed steps are desribed in another article on: https://radacad.com/change-excel-source-in-power-bi-to-onedrive-for-business-no-gateway-needed .

You just need then go to Data Source Settings and change the credentials to Organizational Account!

This is described in the first article (adding a new data source), but omitted in the second one.

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @thiagowsousa , 

I can't reproduce your problem based on your description, you need to check whether this is cuased by the authentication. You could clear the permission in datasource and try it again to see whether it work or not(you also could use fiddler to catch the error). By the way, if you set gateway for this datasource in service, will it refresh by schedule?

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @dax 

Thanks for your help! I tested this in different computers and reset the authentication data just for precaution. But still, I'm getting errors.

I can't populate the data source in Power BI desktop to then publish to the service, so with Web.Contents function I'm unable to even check I the Gateway will or will not be able to schedule a refresh.

If I use Web.BrowserContents function I can populate the datasource in PowerBI desktop and publish it to the Service, but the Gateway indicates that these sources are not supported in the system.

Do you know any other way to clear the authentication data in my computer? I even reinstalled Power BI, but with no success in the connection.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Thiago

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.