Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Wadi-Luca
Frequent Visitor

Waterfall Chart

Hello all,

I am having trouble with my waterfall chart. I firstly turned off 'Formating using setiments', defined all my pillars (selected them on) and now cannot edit the colors of my individual pillars. I turned off the formatting using setiments and defined my pillars because that is exactly how I want my chart to look like. I was able to edit the color of my pillars before but now I cannot! Please can someone help me with this???2.PNG3.PNG4.PNGCapture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Wadi-Luca ,

The current version of the Simple Waterfall visual in the Microsoft AppSource is 2.0.10.3. For some reason it is not possible to recolor the bars in version 10.3.

vkkfmsft_0-1640139395298.png

I found the following explanation of this problem from the developer of the visual.

https://github.com/nishantjainuk/SimpleWaterfall-PowerBI/issues/75#issuecomment-991867927 

nishantjainuk commented:

When releasing version 2.0.10.3, I had to upgrade the visual to the latest api which has resulted in these errors. I have fixed these for now and requested for version 2.0.10.4 to be released. Unfortunately, this can take upto 4 weeks for Microsoft to release the new version.

In the mean time, if you need a temporary fix, you can use the beta version of the custom visual, although I highly recommend you to wait for the release from Microsoft

If you do decide to go ahead with the beta version, please note it will import a completely new visual (it will have the same icon) and you will have to update your report and point it to the beta version.

I also recommend that once the new version is released by Microsoft, you repoint your reports to the AppSource version and remove the beta version from your reports.

If you need help how to import a visual directly into your report, please google it.

To download the beta version, please use this link.

Please note that you won't be able to import the beta version in the latest version Power BI Desktop as there is another bug that Microsoft needs to fix. Follow this link to get updates about this issue.

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Wadi-Luca ,

The current version of the Simple Waterfall visual in the Microsoft AppSource is 2.0.10.3. For some reason it is not possible to recolor the bars in version 10.3.

vkkfmsft_0-1640139395298.png

I found the following explanation of this problem from the developer of the visual.

https://github.com/nishantjainuk/SimpleWaterfall-PowerBI/issues/75#issuecomment-991867927 

nishantjainuk commented:

When releasing version 2.0.10.3, I had to upgrade the visual to the latest api which has resulted in these errors. I have fixed these for now and requested for version 2.0.10.4 to be released. Unfortunately, this can take upto 4 weeks for Microsoft to release the new version.

In the mean time, if you need a temporary fix, you can use the beta version of the custom visual, although I highly recommend you to wait for the release from Microsoft

If you do decide to go ahead with the beta version, please note it will import a completely new visual (it will have the same icon) and you will have to update your report and point it to the beta version.

I also recommend that once the new version is released by Microsoft, you repoint your reports to the AppSource version and remove the beta version from your reports.

If you need help how to import a visual directly into your report, please google it.

To download the beta version, please use this link.

Please note that you won't be able to import the beta version in the latest version Power BI Desktop as there is another bug that Microsoft needs to fix. Follow this link to get updates about this issue.

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.