Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Visuals adjusting completely instead of showing a highlighted portion of the visual

I am wondering if there is a way to show make it so a visual will completely adjust to show the data based on clicking on another part of the report.  

The use case is:

I have a report for 25k users and the combined points for all 25k users is represented in one of the visuals.  If I click on the email address of one user in the table on the same page, the visuals will adjust and basically show nothing.  I want the visual to adjust to show the breakdown of that one user... Is this possible?  Essentially I think the question is can you turn a graph/table/chart into a full slicer when it is clicked on.

Thanks,

Ryan Mulhollem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ryan_mulhollem,

"Essentially I think the question is can you turn a graph/table/chart into a full slicer when it is clicked on." Unfortunately currently power bi doesn't support change visual to a slicer chart once user click one row/data in the visual. In addtion, you may create a seprate slicer chart and drag the column you want to filter to the slicer chart.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ryan_mulhollem,

"Essentially I think the question is can you turn a graph/table/chart into a full slicer when it is clicked on." Unfortunately currently power bi doesn't support change visual to a slicer chart once user click one row/data in the visual. In addtion, you may create a seprate slicer chart and drag the column you want to filter to the slicer chart.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.