Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

gvsouza

Visual cant load data from oracle database

Hi i´m using PBI at least for 6 months and all this time made my visual from excel or acess databases, but now i would like to use it with my production base that is an Oracle 11g 11.2.0.3.0.

Well i have PBI 32bit on a windows7 32bit, and for connect with 11g i have installed ODAC 12c latest revision 32bit too.

I can connect with database, search all tables, select a table and view sample data, even on import or direct connect it imports the table, when it opens the visual i drag a column field to it, and doesnt show nothing only a warning "Impossible to show visual" in details showed "Impossible to load data for this visual. Try again later".

On data panel its possible to see all data retrieved.

I tried to use ODAC 11g, but the message continues to be showed.

Someone can help me, i really appreciate, dont know how to solve this.

Forgive me for my rusty english.

Thank you
Guilherme.

1 REPLY 1
v-caliao-msft
Microsoft Employee
Microsoft Employee

@gvsouza

In your scenario, the data could be imported into Power BI desktop, and the issue here is the Visuals can’t display the column, right?

While under import scope, the data is already loaded into Power BI, so the point here should be related with the Visual and the data type.Would you please share about the data column that you want to show in visuals, and which visuals that you used here?

Please also take a look at the visualization type under Power BI, then choose a proper one and see if it could help:

Visualization types in Power BI

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors