Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

shakeelomv

Various fields with different ownership interests

Hi there,

I have two tables i) data table showing production quantities of oil and gas wells and ii) fields tables showing ownership working interests for each field. I want to calculate total quantities for Crude Oil, Wellhead Gas, Sales Gas and Liquified Petroleum Gas based on total amounts/quantities produced and its net share to the owners. How can I relate or calculate these by using filter option to switch between gross values (100%) to net values (net share) including totals (in tables or in a visual chart).

Data Table

shakeelomv_0-1661932953433.png

Ownership percentages or Working interests table (lookup table)

shakeelomv_1-1661932995659.png

Your support will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shakeelomv ,

I'm a little confused about your needs, Could you please explain them further? It would be good to provide a screenshot of the results you are expecting.

Thanks for your efforts & time in advance.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Binbin Yu

Dear v-binbinyu-msft,

Thank you for responding to my query. I am trying to get total values in the total column which shows individual field's production. Below are the screenshots, 1st screenshot shows Gross numbers which appears fine while in the second screenshot, the total column is not showing the sum value which is the problem.

shakeelomv_0-1662103528856.png

shakeelomv_1-1662103619888.png

Looking forward to any solution.

Thanks.

Hi @shakeelomv,

You can use the VALUES() function to create a new table and then create a relationship, between the 2 tables.

You need to change your measure, to get the sum of the values and multiply it by the percentage using SELECTEDVALUE()

Hope this solves your issue and if it does please accept it as a solution, so that others can reach it faster.

Please if you could share the file, it will help work on it.

Thank you,

Vishesh Jain

Did I answer your question?
If yes, then please mark my post as a solution!

Thank you,
Vishesh Jain

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi @shakeelomv,

You can use the VALUES() function to create a new table and then create a relationship, between the 2 tables.

You need to change your measure, to get the sum of the values and multiply it by the percentage using SELECTEDVALUE()

Hope this solves your issue and if it does please accept it as a solution, so that others can reach it faster.

Thank you,

Vishesh Jain

Did I answer your question?
If yes, then please mark my post as a solution!

Thank you,
Vishesh Jain

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.