Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sagarsahoo_123
Helper IV
Helper IV

Using Switch option, how to enable Multiple Selection working

Hi All,

Need your support to resolve one problem. I have a table  and i created a multiple option value in slicer using Switch function.

It is working fine if i select one filter at a time. But it is not working when multiple selection is done. How can i acheive multiple selection value to be displayed as per my selection. 

please find the below screenshot for single selection which is working fine as per expectation.

sagarsahoo_123_0-1695275199776.png

sagarsahoo_123_1-1695275222190.png

But when multiple selection is done, it is not working as expected.

sagarsahoo_123_2-1695275301456.png

It is showing Sum of FTE as value as it is selected in the table value.

sagarsahoo_123_3-1695275368175.png

Any help in this regard to resolve is highly appreciated. Kindly help.

Regards,

Sagar

1 REPLY 1
vs_7
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @sagarsahoo_123 ,
Try out the Below steps

Here are the steps to enable multiple selections in a slicer:

1. Create a slicer: First, create a slicer visual on your report canvas.

2. Configure the slicer: In the slicer settings, you should have an option to allow multiple selections. Make sure to enable this option. Depending on the version of Power BI you are using, the option might be called "Single select" or "Multi-select."

3. Use the slicer: Now, users can select multiple items in the slicer simultaneously by holding down the Ctrl key (or Command key on Mac) while making selections.

4. Update visuals: Ensure that the visuals on your report canvas are configured to respond to multiple selections from the slicer. For example, if you have a table visual, it should be set up to aggregate data based on all selected items in the slicer.

The Switch function is generally not used for enabling multiple selections in slicers but rather for creating calculated columns or measures based on specific conditions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.