Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

LijunChen
Resolver I
Resolver I

Using Fields Parameter to Create a Measure for Dynamic Title of Visual

Dear fellow users,

I am using a field parameters measure to dynamically change the line chart visual based on different fields/indicators (which are create measures). In the field parameter Dax Measure, I revised the names to make it more detailed, so the names and fields have different spellings. The slicers displays the names all right instread of the original field names.

I can also display a dynamic title that changes with the indicator selected through choosing the parameter indicators column as the title. See screenshot below:

LijunChen_0-1684796529750.png

However, the problem arises when I tried to create and use a Dax Measure for the dynamic title that include both the Field Parameter and other concatenated text ("across time"). Here is the Dax Measure for the title I created. 

Indicator Parameter TitleOnly = SELECTEDVALUE('Parameter Indicators'[Parameter Indicators Fields],"None Selected") & " across Time"

The title displayed this time is not the revised name in the field parameter any more but the original field name "table[field]". See screenshot below:

LijunChen_1-1684797266725.png

I would appreciate your advice how to solve this problem. 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@amitchandak Thanks for your reply and your helpful blog.  

I revised the dynamic title measure to use Max function with the field parameter. Now the title works fine. 

Indicator Parameter TitleOnly = MAX('Parameter Indicators'[Parameter Indicators])
    & " across Time"

LijunChen_1-1684861595691.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@LijunChen , I think switch topn blog can help you

Switch TOPN with Field Parameters: https://amitchandak.medium.com/switch-topn-with-field-parameters-299a0ae3725f
Field Parameters- Conditional Formatting
: https://amitchandak.medium.com/field-parameters-conditional-formatting-517aacc23fdf

@amitchandak Thanks for your reply and your helpful blog.  

I revised the dynamic title measure to use Max function with the field parameter. Now the title works fine. 

Indicator Parameter TitleOnly = MAX('Parameter Indicators'[Parameter Indicators])
    & " across Time"

LijunChen_1-1684861595691.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.